leak from guttering above conservatory...cant reach it !

hi, there is a very thin black rubber seal ( not sure if its the one you meant but it sure looks like the one in the pic you put up ) ) that runs all along the roof bars both sides ( inside & out) its the one that overlaps slightly onto the polycarbinate roof inside & out, but that is fixed into the bars so there is no way to remove that unless its cut out from what i can see,failing that idea what is the possibilty of my other suggestion about getting onto roof via the bars ? would they hold the weight ?, again thanks in advance...also looking at my pic of the actual roof bar end fitting..it looks to me that if i were to be able to grip and pull the end strongly enough that the top glazing bar cover could actually slide down as it looks like a "v" fitting which although cannot be lifted ..could possibly slide...is that a possibilty ?

Sponsored Links
personally i would approach this from the other side of the house, using a roof ladder tied to something solid right over the roof then carefully reach down from above. unclip the joint clean out and reassemble making sure the rubber seal is in place on each side.

hi guys, many thanks for hints,suggestions,ideas but eventually i thought to myself why not make my own "crawl boards"..i have loads of very sturdy wood & cross ply here at home( and i know how to use a drill & screws etc )..so i have decided to make what will in effect be a wide wooden ladder spread over at least 2 or maybe 3 glazing bars to disperse any weight & long enough to reach the top of the conservatory where from there my son in law is tall enough to reach the actual leaky guttering, well thats my "cunning " plan ( thank you baldrick !) will let you know eventually how it works out...cheers ones again !

Sponsored Links
so i have decided to make what will in effect be a wide wooden ladder spread over at least 2 or maybe 3 glazing bars to disperse any weight
Bests to prop up the glazing bars with timber studs underneath to support the weight but you have to do this at your own risk.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back