Leak from vokera linea 28

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have a leak when running hot water from my combi. Theres no pressure drop and it seems to be coming from above the gas chamber. Any ideas of what could be leaking?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
A leak from the main heat exchanger would cause a system pressure drop.
Maybe your gauge is defective. I would want proof that the heat exch is leaking. Did the engineer show you?
Vokera parts aren't cheap.

Easy to spot if leaking. Side panels will be heavily stained. Be careful it's not rain water leaking through the flue though.

Sponsored Links
A leak from the main heat exchanger would cause a system pressure drop.
Maybe your gauge is defective. I would want proof that the heat exch is leaking. Did the engineer show you?
Vokera parts aren't cheap.

Yes- he showed me the sides of the gas chamber, it was soaking.

Pressure was actually up to 2bar (cold) when he arrived?

Found part: £79.... http://www.boilersparesdirect.co.uk/parts-online/shopexd.asp?id=61594

How can he pull a figure like £250 out of his head??

Eh!!!??? Cause it's the main HE that's leaking!!!

Look out, look out Roger & his Dirty Tricks of the Tradesman are about!!!

C'mon!! Not every RGI is out to rip people off!!

Main HE is not leaking.....

pipe that is posistioned outside the house is leaking, also non return is leaking.

Found part: £79.... http://www.boilersparesdirect.co.uk/parts-online/shopexd.asp?id=61594

pipe that is posistioned outside the house is leaking, also non return is leaking.

You made that clear as mud then. :confused:

Presumably you are now saying the guy said the DHW heatex is passing mains water to the heating side?

You made that clear as mud then. :confused:

Presumably you are now saying the guy said the DHW heatex is passing mains water to the heating side?

The engineer that came out told me it was the Main heat exchanger that was leaking, he showed me the side panel (left) and said it was wet. He never ran the hot water or put the heating on in the 15 mins he was there.
In the week since he was here i have had no leak from the boiler only the ouside pipe is dripping and when i took of the filling loop the non return valve is leaking and also the inlet valve on cold supply is slightly leaking with valve shut - both of these are now capped off. If i leave filling loop on with the boiler switched off the pressure gauge rises (but very very very slowly) could this have caused the leak fom the boiler in the 1st place? as when i found leak last week the pressure was over 3 bar!! and filling loop was attached..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back