leaking vokera boiler

ezz

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi new to this so here goes,iv'e got a leaking safety vavle,it happens when my boiler is running the pressure is dropping and i,m having to re-pressure it the leak is very small a drip every 15 seconds the model is vokera linea 24 if any suggestions would be grateful.
thanks Ezz

Sponsored Links
Turn the knob on the valve, this might flush out anything that could be stuck in the valve and reseat it.

I think these may have the black lever prv rahter than a knob to turn :confused:

You will need to drop the front panel. It is the little valve with the red top.

Turn or pull it and let it shut with a bang ;)

If this doesn't work you will need a new prv.

Sponsored Links
I think these may have the black lever prv rahter than a knob to turn :confused:

You will need to drop the front panel. It is the little valve with the red top.

Turn or pull it and let it shut with a bang ;)

If this doesn't work you will need a new prv.
Hi it was a lever, pulled and pushed hard ;) was leaking every 15 secs, now about 1min 40 secs,
could it be sticking and need freeing, boiler is about 9 years old but sweet boiler never gone wrong till now.
thanks for the reply

ezz, somebody bought you a stopwatch for christmas :D :D

give it another go and if no better looks like a new prv?

Pressure relief valve; the thing you keep pulling. Well I hope it was that :eek: :LOL:

If it is dripping when c/htg is on check pressure as it may be on 3 bar due to lack of air in expansion vessel

If its leaking at 1.5 bar it looks like you need the prv replacing, when you have it replaced get the rgi to check your expansion vessel?

Good luck and happy new year ;)

If its leaking at 1.5 bar it looks like you need the prv replacing, when you have it replaced get the rgi to check your expansion vessel?

Good luck and happy new year ;)
thanks for all the replies everybody,have a happy new year. :D

Funnily enough I am having exactly the same problem with my Vokera 24CF. It always needed topping up every 1-2 weeks but before Christmas we went away for a night and left the heating on low. When we came back there was no pressure in the system and I couldn't figure out what went wrong.

I reseated the PRV and got it going again and I was just going to put it down as 'one of those things'. It did need topping up daily now though and I knew we'd need to get it looked at soon.

Thing is, we were away over New Year and the same thing happened again. What I'm thinking is happening is that the seal on the PRV isn't perfect and will pass very slightly when in use. However, when the valve gets cold, things contract and the leak gets worse so me leaving the system on low just made it leak worse until there was no pressure at all.

Does anyone know how these valves are made up? Is it a metal-metal seating face or is there some sort of rubber/nitrile washer in there? We live in an exceptionally soft water area and have no issues with limescale so I doubt it is that, but could a bit of grit be responsible? Or are the valve seats just prone to wear, causing this kind of thing?

Does anyone know how these valves are made up? Is it a metal-metal seating face or is there some sort of rubber/nitrile washer in there? We live in an exceptionally soft water area and have no issues with limescale so I doubt it is that, but could a bit of grit be responsible? Or are the valve seats just prone to wear, causing this kind of thing?

They are a rubber cap on a plastic body with spring through the middle.

Any muck in ch system can get under the valve seat if it opens and doesnt let the valve sit back on its seating properly when it closes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back