Leak in conservatory.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have found a leak in my conservatory where it is attached to the wall.

The other problem I have is that we have cladding on the wall above and around the top of the conservatory.

Can anybody advise the best way of trying to do the following:

1) Locate the leak.

2) Locate leak without taking the cladding down.

Any help much appreciated,also ideas on possible cost.

Sponsored Links
Do you have a lead flashing or flashband sealing between the glazing and cladding? If so, thats where I'd look first.

Yes,we have lead flashing which goes up under the cladding and therefore makes it difficult to see if the flashing is actually cemented into the bricks.

Is there sufficient coverage over the glazing? Is it possible for you to measure it?

Any photos are always helpfull too

Sponsored Links
The flashing measures approx 15cms from wall,and it flows over where it is fitted to wall,down onto the roof.

You just have to look for them most likely points of entry - which can be anywhere up to the eaves

After looking at your photos I'd guess it is getting in through the flashing somehow.

Any chance of a photo of the actual flashings?

The lead isnt tucked into the brickwork, but from your photos it appears the leak is higher than that point anyway. Also the lead is scollopped, did you request that? Must be one of these;

A split in the lead under the cladding

Lead not tucked under cladding high enough

An exposed fixing, which driving rain is penetrating.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back