leak in loft

S

snadge

we had high winds yesterday coming from other direction it usually does and the wall on the stairs was soaked, I went into loft and found that a tile had been chipped and a 3inch by 0.5inch hole , It was letting in water but the plastic sheets that go between the tiles and joists were not over-lapped in places and where the water was coming it was overlapped by a few centimeters and water build up caused it to dip and spill - its like this all the way along on two sections

what can I do too seal this up?

I will be sorting out the tile too but want to address the membrane incase wind blows water back up the tiles again.

is there any kind of wide tape I can get to seal the sheets together to stop water from being blown back through? - like I say in some places there are holes where they dont overlap

I would have thought it should have been overlapped by a good 1 foot and sealed?

thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Fix the tile not the membrane. :rolleyes:

well I thought it would be obvious I would be doing that anyway ...lol

but, the rain can still get in when blown up the tile by wind, that is why the membrane is there and overlapped as so to run the water down to bottom - regardless of fixing the tile the membrane needs addressing too,

Sponsored Links
, It was letting in water but the plastic sheets that go between the tiles and joists were not over-lapped in places what can I do too seal this up?

I
If it is plastic you can get tape that`s used on plastic Damp Proof Membrane ( or radon membrane )

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back