Leak in plastic pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My son put a long pin through plasterboard and made a hole in plastic pipe for the central heating in his flat. We cut a small hole in the plasterboard and he covered the pin hole with resin. This has set hard but unfortunately there is still a very slow drip from the repair. I thought about cutting the pipe and inserting a push fit connector, however having used calipers to measure the OD of the pipe we find it is 12 mm. [I had thought the system was micro bore]. I can't find any 12 mm fittings. Any suggestions gratefully received. [He tried adding a little more resin but it still leaked]

Sponsored Links
Hi Jadele, thanks for that, but I think I would need special crimping tools to use that fitting; as far as I can make out.

Sponsored Links
I think its just a compression joint that will use spanners. Give them a ring and ask. I take its underfloor heating?

Just dig about online for a 12mm push fit straight coupler, many available. System will need de-pressurised though.

My son put a long pin through plasterboard and made a hole in plastic pipe for the central heating in his flat. We cut a small hole in the plasterboard and he covered the pin hole with resin. This has set hard but unfortunately there is still a very slow drip from the repair. I thought about cutting the pipe and inserting a push fit connector, however having used calipers to measure the OD of the pipe we find it is 12 mm. [I had thought the system was micro bore]. I can't find any 12 mm fittings. Any suggestions gratefully received. [He tried adding a little more resin but it still leaked]

Are you sure it's not 10mm PVC coated copper which has an overall OD of around 12mm.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back