Leak on Vokera Maxin 24e

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Vokera Maxi 24e

Hi everyone looking for a bit help

Very small drip started today and just wondered if some leak sealer in the heating system would hopefully stop it, obviously pointless puting it in if it wont come into contact with the leak

the nuts are in very arkward places to try and tighten, would be pretty much impossible to get in at the

Boiler is around 13 years old and been a brilliant one so far

The leak is occurring in either two places not quite sure which but very close together, both where the nuts attach to heating return and cold water inlet manifold

This is one of the nuts

And the othet

Sponsored Links
If your system pressure remains constant, then it's probably on the mains side, and adding leak sealer will do nothing. Isolate the cold supply, open a hot tap and then see if the drip stops after a while.

Looks like it's stopped, I turned down the cold water inlet so now the hot doesn't flow as fast and it's seems to have stopped

The hot water inlet is very hard to turn and won't turn off as seems to have seized on with none use for many years

Is it easy to replace this tap, it looks straight forward two compression nuts ???

Kev

you just need four seals for the plate to plate heat exchanger and maybe a few fibre washers

Sponsored Links
Right I've found out where it's leaking

The nut that fastens onto the pump the water is seeping out of there

When I loosen the nut will there be much water in the system that could come out

I'll isolate the cold inlet and heating flow and return but what else might come out approx how many litres

Also is it a washer that's possibly corroded inside this nut

Kev

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back