Leak under kitchen sink - advice on what to do

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.
Got a little project on my hands here. There is a constant drip from the pipework under my kitchen sink hot tap - currently filled a baked bean can over about 3 days. Previous owners solution was to tie a Jay cloth around the pipe but I was hoping for a more satisfactory solution without phoning a plumber. Could anyone advise on the procedure involved here? Any advice much appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_1431.JPG
    IMG_1431.JPG
    193 KB · Views: 120
Sponsored Links
Fitting looks quite long for a simple tap connector. Does it have an isolator built in?
I would cut the pipe a bit lower and fit an isolation value and then a short bit of new pipe in the other end to a new tap connector.

I am not a plumber but for me not being very experienced that seems the simplest and most fail safe way for me to do it.

Sponsored Links
Depending on your level of competence, you could try these as a simple route. You can also get flexi pipes with built in isolation valves as well.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back