leak under kitchen sink

25 Sep 2009
Reaction score
United Kingdom
can anyone explain what the middle connection is - this is a picture from under my kitchen sink, it appears to be leaking down the sides of it... but don't know what it is - is it the base of the mixer tap???

any help appreciated... have had a plumber look under there but he told me it's just condensation????!!!!!! it's not!!! i know that much! View media item 34889
Sponsored Links
Strange plumber - are they like that in Essex ;) . Looks like a plug from a radiator screwed in there - odd . I would change the mixer - it`s got to come out to attempt to re seal the plug anyway
thanks for your help... it is an odd arrangement i expected to find just a hot/cold pipe going up to the tap.

do you think having a new mixer tap installed would solve the problem?
Does it constantly leak when the sink is not being used?

If its only wet after being used then water may be leaking into the joint between tap and sink top. That would only leak when its been used shortly before.

Sponsored Links
it seems to only leak when i have the tap running...

since hubby has had a fiddle around under there tightening things that appeared loose etc, i now have no pressure in my hot water tap lol

luckily i have a neighbour who is a plumber - how much should i expect to pay for him to install a new mixer tap if i provide the tap myself???
I would usually charge about £75 but dont view it as a very worthwhile as its usually a time consuming job.

But I try to be competitive.

wow £75?? mind you i guess you get what you pay for... do it yourself and risk doing it wrong and getting more problems lol

thanks for your help and advice

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local