Kitchen mixer tap leaking at base where it connects to sink

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The leaking is pretty slow all the time but increases slightly when either of the hot or cold mixer taps are turned on. The leaking is gradually getting worse over time.

The leak is not at the point where the swivel head is mounted rather at the bottom of the body of the tap itself so is flowing directly from the base of the tap onto the sink surface ( it seems to be seeping directly from underneath the tap housing where it meets the kitchen sink).

The tap is a Kludi mixer tap with a swivel head.

Any pointers on how to fix this would be appreciated - is it likely the mixer at the base of the swivel head? This would not make sense to me as the leak is not at this point of the tap (the swivel head sits on the tap base which then connects to the sink)

Sponsored Links
Tagore said:
The leaking is pretty slow all the time but increases slightly when either of the hot or cold mixer taps are turned on. The leaking is gradually getting worse over time.
If were in the UK then I'd say it were worn 'O' rings.

( it seems to be seeping directly from underneath the tap housing where it meets the kitchen sink).
This seems unlikely - in the UK there is no water joint at that point.

The tap is a Kludi mixer tap with a swivel head.
Do you have a link to a picture of it?

Any pointers on how to fix this would be appreciated - is it likely the mixer at the base of the swivel head?
Yes.

This would not make sense to me as the leak is not at this point of the tap (the swivel head sits on the tap base which then connects to the sink)
Why are you so certain that the leak doesn't start at the base of the spout and just run down onto the deck?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back