mixer tap leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 15 yr old mixer tap on my kitchen sink with seperate hot and cold knob type handles. water is running slowly from the join where the swivel part of the tap joins the main body of the tap. Is this repairable and if so how, It is only a slow drip at the moment but as with most leaks I am sure it will get worse. Would appreciate an experts advice.

Sponsored Links
Behind the spout you should find a small grub screw - take this out and the spout should lift free.
You'll see one, maybe two rubber 'O' rings in grooves at the bottom of the spout and its these that need replacing.
Now the difficult part...you can buy boxes of O rings that claim to fit all items if the tap manufacturer can't help you with new ones. If they aren't exactly right in size then the leak continues!
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back