Leaking around roof vent

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I just discovered rain water running through a bathroom light fitting from what appears to be a leak around the soil pipe vent going through the roof above :( Its probably been leaking a while but I only recently put the light in so this is the first time the water has been able to come through the ceiling.

I’ve taken a picture of what is happening in the loft here and what is outside. I don’t have a ladder to get up on the roof to see what’s going on at the moment but from standing outside everything looks in place tile wise.

Is this a common problem and is there a simple DIY fix to seal it again or am I going to need a professional?

Sponsored Links
It doesnt look to healthy does it mate?? i think the only way to sort that one out is to hop up on the roof or if it is possible safely to get a ladder and have a look at exactly whats gone wrong there.

I think the plasterboard on your ceiling around that pip has had it.

Its not rocket science to put it right and it wont be expensive either, i think sorting your ciling out may cost you more

e taken a picture of what is happening in the loft here and what is outside. Great!!! wish everyone could do that for us.....You see the plastic ring around the pipe just above the lead sleeve?....it`s supposed to be glued to the pipe ...bet it`s not :confused:

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the advice. I'll have to find someone to borrow a ladder off before the next downpour!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back