Roof leak - possibly around vent pipe?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

There has been a recurring leak through our roof over several years - it seems to occur when the wind blows in a particular direction.
I have already attempted several 'fixes but I still cannot find the spot on the roof itself where the water is getting in.
I cannot access that part of the loft/attic as it is blocked-off by a brick wall.
Based on the photo of what appear to be Redland 49 tiles the chief suspect seems to be the area around the point where the vent pipe comes through the roof.
PHOTO-1.jpg
PHOTO-3.JPG

When I got up there it appears to be well-sealed with no obvious gaps but I wonder whether it was fitted correctly in the first place - does anything look 'off' about how it was left by whoever fitted the boiler?
The other thing is that the leak through the bathroom ceiling is lower down from where the pipe is in the next room, so I wonder whether it is feasible/likely that the rain water is pooling around the pipe, eventually leaking through a hidden gap and then running down the inside of the tiles to eventually come through the ceiling at that lower point? Thanks

Sponsored Links
The lead under the tiles to the right of the flue needs to be turned up and back on its self.
The missing cut would be good too..
I don't think they are 49s fwiw

Ideally the lead would have been better on top of the tiles on the sides . A miscalculation on boiler flue length I guess

But only a Registered Gas Installer may touch it ? Could be Marley Ludlow ? I don't think a plumber has been near it;)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back