Leaking bath shower mixer tap diverter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an Octavia Cross Head Bath Shower Mixer bought from Toolstation in 2009. It has developed a leak from the diverter knob that switches between the water coming from then tap, or the shower.
I have removed the chrome knob, and can clearly see the water leaking out, however I cant work out how to remove the innards to investigate the problem, or fix/replace any broken parts. I suspect it is just a washer that needs replacing, or it needs de-limescaling.
There is a large nut that I would assume is what I need to undo to pull the unit out, however I can only get it to move about 10 degrees either way, and then it goes tight.
Can anyone explain this system, and how I can remove this section to fix it?
There is also a small retaining clip sat just in front of the nut, but I cant work out what purpose this serves, and removing it doesnt help me access the rest of it.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back