Leaking Beko Dishwasher.

BQW

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a Beko Dishwasher Model BW663, that leaks from the bottom right hand corner of the door, nearly every time we us it.
I have had a good look at the door seal, and cannot see anything obvious, the right hand side looks no different than the left.
All channels are free from grease, cant see anything to stop the water cascading the correct way.
I suppose it leaks about about a third of a cup full, so its dripping out rather than pouring.
The Door seems to shut correctly, and does not appear out of alignment ?
I recently had to repair the door mech on the LH side, I cant remember now if it was the spring that came unhooked or the cable to the spring that broke, but it didn't leak directly after the fault was fixed.
Any ideas before, `Er in Doors, buys another.

Sponsored Links
Have a close look at the lower spray arm, they sometimes split on the side seam shooting water out sideways breaching the door seals.
I think you have a DW663.

Thanks for your reply, you are correct DW663, I will take a close look at the lower arm.
I did notice the door seal is a popular listing on ebay, so I assume a common failure, mine looks ok but ??
Is it worth getting one to try?

I very rarely need to change a dishwasher door seal unless it's got a chunk out of it.

Sponsored Links
I had a close look at the bottom wash arm, and you were correct, it had a split each side along the join, I have glued it together with epoxy resin, and it now working fine, no more leaks.
I have ordered a replacement pair, as I don't expect the adhesive to last for long.
Your advice was much appreciated, I really would not have thought about looking at the wash arm being the fault.
Thanks again.

Have a close look at the lower spray arm, they sometimes split on the side seam shooting water out sideways breaching the door seals.
I think you have a DW663.
You, sir, are incredible! I’ve been scratching my head for ages why my Beko dishwasher is leaking and this is what was wrong with mine. Thank you!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back