Leaking CH system?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've recently moved in to an apartment which has a Potterton Suprima 50 Central Heating system.

Now the last few weeks the system has started performing poorly, with several lock-outs (red led flashing) and the pressure gauge now shows less than 0,5 PSI.

I found a small wet patch underneath one of the valves close to the pump.
img020.jpg

When checking the screw on top of this thing it was very loose, and water came seeping out.

As I've never lived anywhere with a CH system before, I'm not sure if this one should be open or closed, if it is a pressure valve or a bleeding valve.

If anyone could help me shed some light on this I'd be most grateful.

The pressure gauge:
img024.jpg

Sponsored Links
I understand from the previous posts here that I would need to repressurize the system using the filling loop.

Is that the one I've found here?
img027.jpg

The thing in your first picture is an auto air vent. The black bit on top should be loose but it should not be leaking water. If it is replace it.

The braided hose in your third pic is indeed the filling loop.

Sponsored Links
The thing in your first picture is an auto air vent. The black bit on top should be loose but it should not be leaking water. If it is replace it.

The braided hose in your third pic is indeed the filling loop.

Thanks.
I'll have the guy who installed it over for a look at that auto air vent.

It's leaking at a rate of approximately 1 litre every 6 hours now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back