Leaking conservatory roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I've recently noticed my conservatory roof has a small leak during heavy rain, we get a steady drip, drip, drip. The conservatory was in place when we moved in 10 years ago. Is this something that can be easily be fixed with some tape or similar?

Zooming in, you can see the water drop lets forming

20220530_100832.jpg

Zooming out, the drops are along the thin strip
20220530_100820.jpg

Top view of the conservatory with highlight where I think the drip is coming from
conservatory roof.PNG

Many thanks,
Peter

Sponsored Links
It looks like the polycarbonate panel has dropped - could just be the photo giving me that impression though.

To sort your leak properly you need to get up on the roof and remove the capping bars and the Cover where the hips join the end of the ridge.

Im guessing the capping bars come off so take off the 2 either side of the poly panel that’s leaking and have a look.

You need some safe way of getting the roof, sometimes it’s poss to remove the capping bars and fix plywood across.

Quick update, I've checked with a ladder and it looks like the panel has slipped. Is it just a matter of removing the plastic trim, applying some silicon and putting it back?

Also, I can only access via a ladder, no supporting buildings or lift. I'm 11st, would the frame be sturdy enough to take my weight if needed?

Thanks

Attachments

• 20220531_142235.jpg
    20220531_142235.jpg
    246.7 KB · Views: 68
  • 20220531_142237.jpg
    20220531_142237.jpg
    215.3 KB · Views: 72
Sponsored Links
Take off the capping bars, lift up the polycarbonate panel until it’s free of the rubbers, then push it back up.

In theory it shouldn’t need silicone.

the structure will take your weight, the polycarbonate might not or you might damage it.

once you’ve taken the capping bars off you should be able to fix plywood board in place as a platform to work on - if you need to reach the ridge.

Managed to push it back in place and added some silicon for good measure - so far, so good (rained this morning, no leaks :)

Thanks for the tips!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back