Leaking conservatory

Sponsored Links

what dingbat designed it with a roof that slopes towards the house and a gutter between the house and conservatory? :rolleyes:
you've enough height there to put a peaked roof against the house...

you're likely getting splash off the gutter when it's piddling it down and sheeting off the roof at the house..
there's also the possibility that the downpipe is blocked and filling up and overflowing the gutter..if the flashing is down into the gutter it will run up behind it as the gutter fills..

or it could just be the idiot who tried to stick flashing to a textured wall :rolleyes:

to insert pictures, click where it says "Show My Images" under the reply window then just click the picture you want to put in..

Hi Coljack. the down pipe is definitely not blocked. water drains away from the gutter fine, there is never any standing water in it after rain. yes the wall is textured and we queried this but the guy that put it up insisted that this would not be the cause of the leak (he put 2 layers of flash band down). This is a total guess on my part as i have no building experience or knowledge but i reckon that the surface of the wall is porous and that the water is somehow getting through like that?

Sponsored Links
I think the issue is with cutting a groove into the concrete panels IF a conventional flashing was to be installed. I`m working on a solution ( wi` me head) I`ll be back. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back