Leaking diverter valve - Vaillant Turbomax Plus 828E

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My in-laws have a 4-5 year old Vaillant Turbomax Plus 828E that has been leaking / dripping water from the brass diverter valve recently. From what I can see, it appears to be coming from the small hole (not sure what its called) that is on the side of the diverter valve itself.

There is still a supply of constant hot water but the water pressure drops slowly.

Is there any reason why this should have happened? If required, would I need to drain the system prior to replacing it?

I've seen replacement brass diverter valve for approximately £70+vat. Does this price sound about right?

Thanks in advance folks.

Sponsored Links
The original diverters had a few issues, replacements are improved and seem to be more reliable.

Just turn boiler off at isolating valves undo the nuts and catch water in a basin in and out in 15 mins max

Sponsored Links
That is the first time I have heard of the seal in that diverter valve failing.

If you are going to change it then look at the colour of the water. If it has a blackish tinge to it then there is magnetite in the water and that will be likely to destroy the new diverter valve as well after some time.

The water may need to be flushed out to prevent future problems.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back