Leaking door temporary fixed, looking for better solution.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a new build (2008) flat with doors in the bedrooms instead of windows. The photo attached shows part of a bedroom door. There's no balcony just a glass panel behind it. In heavy rain some water was leaking inside onto the carpet.

My temporary fix as shown in the photo was a piece of brown plastic seal attached with black duck tape which deflects the water running down the door and on to the window ledge. I think water was previously going under the bottom of the door and then inside.
I've thought of removing the door and sealing the underside but that seems like effort that may not fix the problem. I was thinking maybe just do something similar but with a piece of brown bent metal securely attached rather than just duck tape. I clearly am no expert in this so am just looking to see what the experts would do here. Any help and advice appreciated. Thanks

Steve

Sponsored Links
Yeah, that's the kind of thing I need. Would be perfect if brown but if I can't find anything else I may well buy that one. I'm impressed to see that my temporary fix was along the right lines. Thanks
If anyone has any other solutions please say.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back