Leaking flat roof - rusty water = very bad?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have had a very intermittent leak in a concrete outdoor shed roof that's attached to the side of the house and goes around the front of the house to form a covered porch.

Was about to patch up some of the flashing when I noticed the roof above the porch has been leaking. I noticed that rusty water has been leaking onto the front step. This is very new (last couple of days) but does this imply there's a crack in the concrete and the steel reinforcing rods are rusting?

Pics if of any use:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/fmMsqmngQrqKBwLB9

Sponsored Links
Anything terminating onto roof, such as boiler condensate?

Anything terminating onto roof, such as boiler condensate?
Definitely a couple of those. I'll check it out.

I'm just worried I patch up a leak and then the roof falls down further down the line!

If the roof is solid, it should be ok, as long as it’s sorted sooner, rather than later.

Sponsored Links
If the roof is solid, it should be ok, as long as it’s sorted sooner, rather than later.

Thanks - yeah I'm kicking myself at being so slow. One of a long long list of things to do!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back