leaking flat roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi i have had a new fiberglass dormer roof put on and it joins my neighbours who still has a felt 1 my roofer has been back twice for water entering the ceiling he thought from the join of the 2 materials it has now leaked again for the 3rd time does he need to put an upstand in or some sort of bar cos just resealing it isnt working we now have to decorate for a 3rd time :(

Sponsored Links
It's hard to say, other than if he keeps coming back then he's either not doing a proper repair or the water is getting in somewhere else.

The only way you will get a bond between the 2 roofs is, use a termination bar with cut of mastic. ( needs to be fitted correctly ).
Or fit an upstand between the 2 roofs, glass over first, then torch on overlapping.

Both EPDM and fibreglass roofs are best suited by themselves. Trying to join two different materials of different heights using termination bars and sealants don't always give a 100% watertight seal or if it did I don't think it would last the course of a 20 year warranty.

Sponsored Links
thanks guys i think it need s up stand but would i have to pay extra or should the builder stand the repair costs. thanks

thanks guys i think it need s up stand but would i have to pay extra or should the builder stand the repair costs. thanks

If he has given you a guarantee saying the roof won't leak then he should sort it.

If he has been back twice he seems like a decent chap, see what he says.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back