Leaking fluidmaster side entry concealed cistern

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
20200503_101552.jpg
20200503_101601.jpg
20200503_101606.jpg

Dear all,
The fluidmaster toilet is continuously leaking into the toilet pan. The push button is completely floppy and has no resistance.
I removed the lid and it seems the inlet valve is letting water in continuously but it does not reach the outflow pipe but is about an inch high.
Am I right in thinking that the flush valve is broken?
Can it be repaired or replaced easily. We do have a screwfix and toolstation closeby.
For now I have closed the inlet valve.
I will be grateful for any advice. I have attached pictures of the mechanism.
Many thanks,
El

Sponsored Links
The flush valve / it's mechanism needs repair or more likely replacing . If you release the cable from push button mechanism ,then rotate the flush valve it should lift out . Take pics and we can advise further.

Please find attached the pictures of the flush valve. There's bit of limescale on the bottom part.
Thanks for your prompt reply.
20200503_170131.jpg
20200503_165657.jpg
20200503_165709.jpg

Sponsored Links
The pics are not clear ,but examine the SEAL ,and the mating surface that it sits on inside the cistern. If they are not in perfect condition you need to renew .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back