Leaking flush!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Flush on toilet is leaking ever so slightly. I've managed to remove the flush and give it a bit of a clean and seems to help ease the problem but completely solve it.

I brought a new dual flush to install however the outlet is smaller than the hole in the bottom of the cistern (it's a closed couple pan and cistern). Is there any way of solving this without having to take the cistern and pan apart.

The current flush value has a separate section that screws into the bottom and the the flush value just locks onto that.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
To just replace the top section you will need the exact same make and model. They're not universal fit.

Picture?

I had the same issue with a B&Q 'Toilet 2 Go' after a few years and cleaning the seal didn't help. With mine if I did a short flush it would never seal properly and constantly leak a little into the pan. It seemed better with a long flush but not consistently, so I had to shut the water off to the loo using the isolation valve I had the plumber fit when he did the original install.

I replaced the flush valve with a new Fluidmaster one. The button box on the replacement had a better connection to the push button in the cistern lid too. Doing the job also enabled me to realign the flush valve body so that the push button cable exited away from the inlet valve.

With the new flush valve kit there were two washers; a 10mm internal washer for cisterns with an outlet hole approx. 50mm in diameter and an 80mm gasket cone for outlet holes approx. 60mm in diameter.

The only other part I bought was a rubber doughnut seal between the cistern and pan as the original was a foam one that looked a bit compressed when I removed it.

I found that removing the cistern & changing the flush valve was surprisingly easy to do, & fixed the problem nicely.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back