Leaking from Lead Flashing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have an adjoining garage which has lead flashing on its roof against the wall of the main house. There is a room over the garage which has a leak now and again. I was told it was the flashing letting in water and it was 'fixed' but it seems when the wind is in a certain direction (twice a year ?) the leak occurs again. The strange this is that it appears through the door frame which is directly under where the roof and wall meet and at the opposite side of the room under the gable end of the garage. I had a bubble in the plasterboard of the ceiling (opposite side to the door) and water dripping through the door frame. There was also a slight crack in the wall above the door. I have been told to use sealant under the flashing but unfortunately do not have a head for heights and as the problem was supposed to be fixed before don't trust roofers either.
The house is 7 years old and the garage is original to the house.

Any advice very welcome.

regards

Jackie

Sponsored Links
2 important statements........1- dont trust roofers 2- 7 years old .........Still NHBC........ :?: I`ll bet any money there is no cavity tray formed by the step flashings .you`ve just got a stepped cover flashing...without even seeing a photo :!: HOW.......because I`ve seen a few and it`s par for the course....Get expert advice/survey and put a few ****s into the builders :evil: I love new build So much :evil:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back