Leaking immersion flange Range Tribune HE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When sorting out the mess my aged mother made a week or so ago by leaving the shower running for 2 days with the shower door partially open (she's deaf and couldn't hear the water running), i noticed a very slight weep from behind the immersion heater flange on her Range Tribune HE pressurised hot water cylinder. So slight that the drip was drying before it ran down to the bottom of the cylinder but there nevertheless.

Its obviously not going to fix itself, so i need to arrange someone to come out and look at the cylinder which was last serviced 18 months ago. The previous G3 reg plumber she used has retired so i need to find someone else. But is this fault fixable, or is it a new cylinder?

Sponsored Links
Depends where on the flange it's weeping from. If it's the gasket that's passing then that can be replaced. If it's a bad weld on the actual flange itself to the cylinder then that may not be repairable.

Depending on how old it is it may be under guarantee but it will need a regular service history.

Thanks for your reply.

The cylinder is about 15 years old with a patchy service history so well of warranty. I'd like to think that a bad weld would have failed well before now so fingers crossed.

Good to know it is a possible fix and not just a straight replacement.

Sponsored Links
You may be surprised, a lot of the Tribune cylinders have a 25Yr warranty. May be difficult though if it doesn't have a regular service history.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back