range tribune He timers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just moved into a property and I have a range tribune He immersion heater with two plugs. We have a two rate meter so I want to turn the hot water on at night. Does this bolker have a timer and if not can this be fitted?

Sponsored Links
immersion heater with two plugs

ae235
ae235

are you sure?

that's very unusual, and incorrect

post some pics please.

Sorry I don't understand much of that. First of all a Range Tribune is a hot water cylinder, and not an immersion heater. A hot water cylinder can be fitted with immersion heaters, however, they should not be connected using plugs, they should be hard wired.

If a hot water cylinder is heated solely with electricity and is not connected to a boiler. The immersion heaters are often wired to timers. Normally the bottom element is wired to a timer so that it heats up the whole hot water cylinder during cheaper 'off peak' rates. [alternatively if the property has storage heaters, with a dedicated 'off peak' consumer unit the bottom element may be connected to that so that it is automatically energised during the 'off peak' times]. The top element is wired to the normal electricity supply without a timer so that you can top up the heat if you run out of hot water during the day.

6.12b.gif

You don't say if you have purchased the property, or moved into a rented property as a tenant. If it's the latter it is the landlords responsibility to explain how the water heating system operates.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
It doesn't have to have a timer, but if you want to use off peak electricity to heat the hot water then either:

1. It requires a timer or:
2. Wiring directly to an off peak consumer unit (usually fitted where there a property has storage heaters) that is only energised when the off peak supply is available

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back