Leaking inner shower hose

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a brass hand held shower hose that it is leaking. In the past I could access the inner tube and when the leakage was near the end of the hose I used to cut it out and refit the bits and the washer. This one has a terminal nut (image one) that when unscrewed does not slide away to allow me to pull the inner tube out and either check/repair or even replace the inner flexible plastic tube. The other end of the hose is connected to the mixer taps but does not have the indentations for a spanner or smooth pliers. Any advice please?

Attachments

• IMG_2997.jpg
    IMG_2997.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_2998.jpg
    IMG_2998.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 17
Sponsored Links
Buy a new hose.
They are not designed to be repairable other than a new rubber washer in the end if that's where the leak is.

Thank you. Is there a special tool for grabbing the no indentations connector? I guess I can use anything since it will be thrown away but I tighten the new one since either spanner or pliers will scratch it? Sorry for the ignorance but your advice will further be appreciated.
Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back