Leaking kitchen mixer tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have a leaking mixer tap in the kitchen (just in time to ruin my bank holiday).

The problem is i cant find how to remove the tap from the body to even comtemplate changing o-rings etc, i keep reading about nuts needing to be unscrewed, but i cant seem to see one on this tap.

The leak appears to be coming from around the black o-ring at the bottom.

As always, any help you can give is appreciated.

Gary

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

[/img]

Sponsored Links
Remove the little red/blue coloured cap, under which you should find a grub screw (probably allen key headed but might be slotted).

Remove this, then lift off the lever/handle, then you should be able to unscrew the dome-shaped cover to get at the valve body retaining nut.

I recommend installing the tap back to the deck before doing any of this to make the job much easier.

ah, i had taken that off and seen something hexagonal but i didnt think that was it, i had a picture of a screw in my head and dismissed the fact it may have a hex head, thanks for the advice, i will give that a go, cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back