Leaking kitchen tap

15 Apr 2018
Reaction score
United Kingdom

My kitchen tap is about 11 years old and recently I have noticed minor leaks when I use it on full power from the top of it.

I think I will probably need to replace the O ring to fix it but I am having difficulty working out how to access it.

I have uncovered the little hole but can not see how to then open it (see photo). What tool will work best to do it?

All help much appreciated


  • IMG_20201231_111623722.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_20201231_111703659.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 114
Sponsored Links
As above but they corrode and can be difficult to remove. 50/50 chance of getting if off at best. Sometimes they fall out at some point and the corrosion is holding top on. Then you need to try and find a rubber o ring that will fit. If you can't find any information on the tap and order correct one (there are 100s) all you can do is buy the packs (£2) each from B&Q and hope one fits. Maybe try and get the number off the cartridge and order if that is leaking. At some point you may decide to just buy a new tap and fit which is often what I recommend saving the endless trouble

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links