Leaking Mira Sport Max (10.8kW)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I just noticed my electric shower started leaking cold water a couple days ago. It's a constant drip from the bottom-right of the case. I didn't notice any issues with how it operated, though.

I opened it up, and there's generally quite a lot of water droplets (condensation?) on the inside. pretty much everywhere to the left of the splash guard separating the electrics and the tank. The highest up I can see actual flow of water is in between the circuit boards on the PCB assembly. I can't see any water flowing above the PCB assembly itself, just condensation.

Obviously it's switched off at mains and won't be used again until we get this sorted, but does anyone have an idea where the water could be coming from? Even if it's not a DIY fix, it'd be good to know what scale of problem we might have here.

Cheers!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back