Leaking mixer tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I am new to this site though I have checked information here before. I was wondering if someone could help with a couple of questions.

I just had a small wash basin installed into a downstairs toilet with single lever mixer tap (can't remember the name). When the plumber first fit it, it appeared fine but a couple of days later it started to leak I couldnt tell where the leak was coming from initially I thought it was the under the sink where the pipes come into the tap eventually traced it to the actual tap. The plumber came back and said the problem was with the tap I took the tap back to the shop I got it from and he replaed it with the new one. The problem is it happened again this time after 3-4 days and again it seems to be coming from around the lever.

Could anyone tell me is there a flaw with these types of taps or is it just the plumber did a bad job and most importantly :) how to fix it.

Also as side question the plumber used speedfit pipes to run the water to the toilet but used copper to the actual basin is that ok? or have I just been had?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
How much £ :?: then I`ll tell you if you`ve been had ;)

he charged £350 to run hot and cold water to the room and fitted the basin and toilet and connected the toilet to sewer system under the patio. I paid for the materials. I thought it was a good deal :D

Sponsored Links
That`s 4 days for a Polski Plumber ..half that time for a Tradesman in the Smoke and 2 weeks for us in Sussex :rolleyes: ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back