Leaking New Loo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I can hardly believe it... :cry:

Having slaved away for the past 8 weeks (not part of my day job!) building a new bathroom from a room that was previously a spare room: laying pipes for outside waste and splicing into soil stack, laying (safe!) electrics for power shower & light/mirror/shaver, laying hot and cold water supplies, basin, pedestal, new floor, toilet and fancy quadrant shower....

...I now find that the new loo leaks from the U bend. There must be a break in the glazing or something although I can see nothing...its a very small leak but enough to cause the formation of a drip over several hours...and therefore stain the hardboard underfloor...

Has anyone ever heard of this type of thing? I order all the Chinese-made ceramic ware from a well-known firm in Hull. The first pedestal we received was bent and had to be replaced...is this a feature of Chinese made bathroom wares?

I guess I'll have to phone them on Monday morning... :cry: :cry: :cry:

Sponsored Links
Any make of sanitary ware can have casting faults, but I would suspect that those from China would probably be made to a price rather than quality.

Check the rubber seal that is pushed over the loo outlet for damage.

Thanks Dave.

The rubber soil outlet seal (ScrewFix) at the back is perfect...and the leak is at the very front of the bowl. The rest of the loo is dry.

I've now taken it out of the bathroom to do a more controlled test overnight and not connected to any water supply or cistern.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back