Leaking Olive?

H

harrisonline

I have got a small leak from a new radiator valve. It is just damp when I apply some toilet paper to check for leaks nothing urgent.

It is leaking from the 15mm copper pipe nut end.

I have tightened the nut a few times but the leak does not go away. I think the next step would be to change the olive? But how do I get the old olive off without damaging the pipe? And will the new olive slide on O.K? I think that it is probably on there pretty tight!

Thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links
Try Ptfe tape as suggested or LSX joint compound, made by Fernox. It is great stuff and cures in minutes.

Tony

Just check it isn't the gland nut that is weeping and running down. If it hasn't been disturbed i doubt it is the olive on the 15mm if it has been in situ for some time......they usually close up with impurities and limescale.....otherwise follow advise already given

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back