LEAKING OVERFLOW OF BATH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
MY BATH OVERFLOW CONSTANTLY HAS A LEAK OF RUNNING WATER. i THINGK IT IS PLUMBED INTO THE WASHING MACHINE AS THE WASHING MACHINE FACES THE WALL OF THE BATH AND THE KITCHEN SINK IS ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE KITCHEN. i DO NOT HAVE EASY ACCESS TO THE BATH...HELP

Sponsored Links
You have no option but to take off the bath panel and see whats behind there. I have never heard of a w/m being plumbed into bath pipes before! The overflow will only be connected by a hose leading below the plug hole, so water would be coming out of there long before the overflow.

NO NEED TO SHOUT :rolleyes:

It sounds very much like incorrect plumbing. :(
Without seeing it I advise purchase a new bath overflow and trap and connect it to waste pipe soley dedicated to the bath.
The W M hose should plumb onto a sink waste (that has a WM spigot) and it too needs a separate waste pipe.
Both wastes will now discharge into the gully and should solve your problem. :D
Keep us posted

Hardly likely to be the WM causing a CONSTANT leak surely? More likely the WC overflow is conected to the bath o/f and the washer's gorn?

Sponsored Links
There is no space for washing machine on sink side of th ekitchen. The overflow must be connected to the washing machine otherwise the water would come out of the bath plughole first...worrying. I havn't used the washing machine yet (new flat) and am now worried to

BAHCO said:
NO NEED TO SHOUT :rolleyes:

It sounds very much like incorrect plumbing. :(
Without seeing it I advise purchase a new bath overflow and trap and connect it to waste pipe soley dedicated to the bath.
The W M hose should plumb onto a sink waste (that has a WM spigot) and it too needs a separate waste pipe.
Both wastes will now discharge into the gully and should solve your problem. :D
Keep us posted

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back