Leaking pipe in a poured concrete floor?!?!?!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Bear with me on this one. My central heating is losing pressure to the extent that every day it goes to zero and I have to put it back to 1.5. A friend reckons i have a leaking pipe but I am in a new house with poured concrete floors so how am I supposed to a)find the leak and b)get it fixed? There also appears to be a damp smell in the hall for the last couple of days, would that be the leak?
I really don't want to have to smash up all the tiles we just had laid. Is the builder liable for all the repairs?
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Tigali said:
I am in a new house with poured concrete floors.

Then your not responsible for leaks, get the builders/plumbers to investigate.

If brand new house with NHBC warranty then builders are basically responsible for nearly everything in the first 2 years. After that NHBC warranty kicks in for the last 8 on major problems. Call them back asap as if you keep topping up like this you only have fresh clean unprotected water in system with no inhibitor left to protect it!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back