Burst pipe in concrete floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Right here goes, I`m in the proccess of having my living room floor boards ripped up and replaced with a concrete floor, the kitchen and bathroom floors are already concrete. When the builder had ripped the living room floor out he noticed that the concrete at the door between the living room and kitchen was damp below the surface, on closer inspection the damp seemed to be below the concrete but above the visqueen, he suggested there is possibly a water pipe in the concrete that has a very slight leak as there was no dripping water, just damp. Is there a way of finding out if there is a definate leak? The suspect pipework under the concrete is all after the stop tap, would it be feasable to re route the pipe work above floor level around skirting boards and then boxed in as i don`t fancy digging kitchen floor up as the units have only been in a year, thus making the under concrete pipes redundant. I`m probably looking at about 2, 30ft pipe runs, hot and cold, would that be expensive?

Sponsored Links
Testing pipework is routine plumbing work. Basically it's sealed and pressurised. If the pressure drops there's a leak.
Buried pipes have to be protected from anything like concrete which can corrode them, they need room to move with expansion, and tap water pipes , if not all, have to be accessible by means of someting like a cover on a duct.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back