pipes leaking ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All !

Had a Baxi 105e fitted a couple of months back - However every two days I'm losing 1.5 Bar of water pressure down to zero !
My floors downstairs are concrete with the pipes set into the concrete but where is the water going ? - There is no sign of leaks anywhere coming up through carpet or anywhere - despite my topping up the water pressure at least a dozen times now !!

Is my house going to float away ?

Worried, Sunderland

Sponsored Links
Check to see if the overflow pipe from the boiler has been venting water. If the expansion vessel cannot take the increased volume of water as it heats up, it will be vented via a pressure valve to the outside world. When the water cools, no pressure. Get the installer back to repressurise the expansion vessel.
Hope that helps..

Putting aside the possibility of a prv or expansion fault, it only takes a small leakage to zero the pressure. Can prove very hard to find. Did you have a vented system converted to a combi? If so leak could be anywhere in the system having not previously never come to light with a header tank.

Sponsored Links
I have exactly the same problem. Replaced a back boiler heating system about 18 months ago and for the last few months I've been having to top up the system every few days to regain the pressure. Like you, I have concrete floors too. No signs of leakage and it's definately not venting (checked that first).

The moral is never fit pipes in concrete or anywhere where you cannot get access :eek:
I've always refused as I don't want the hassle.
Could try fitting isolaters to pipes going into the concrete, turn off and run system and see if this has cured the pressure drop.
If so you know where the leak is, and where to position your pneumatic drill :evil:

Could hire a hydraulic pressure test pump and test various parts of the system, or pay a poor plumber struggling to feed his family to do it for you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back