Leaking plastic stopcock knob

2 Feb 2010
Reaction score
United Kingdom
Hi all,

The water pipe going into my dishwasher has a round stopcock / valve on it that is leaking - see attached picture. It looks like the leak is coming from inside the round knob and not from the pipe itself. If this was a metal fixing i'd probably just need to tighten a nut but I'm not sure how to fix this one.

Can anyone help? If I were to pull the knob off is there something underneath I can tighten?


Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links