leaking radiator fittings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
just finished plumbing in a bathroom and amazingly all my soldering does not leak however having a complete nightmare trying to stop the radiator fittings from leaking. The leaks are from 1/2 inch fitting that goes into radiator. Tried loads of ptfe tape and very tight but still leaking. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Did you put the ptfe tape on the right way, if you wind it on the nut the wrong way, screwing the tail into the radiator will just unravel it all as you screw it in

Did you put the ptfe tape on the right way, if you wind it on the nut the wrong way, screwing the tail into the radiator will just unravel it all as you screw it in

yes and it was fine winding it in but even when very tight it still drips very slowly. I will try tapering the tape as advised in the last post and see what happens. Thanks

Sponsored Links
I was always taught to smear jointing compound inside the radiator on the female thread, and then ptfe on the male, may be worth a try if tapering does not work, should do though if you really pack it on the base of the tail

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back