Leaking radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
Before I start I have to tell you I'm useless at plumbing. My problem is a radiator which seemed to have a bad leak in the week but now seems ok. I got home from work to see the mat by the radiator was wet. Checked the combi and noticed the pressure had dropped. Topped up the boiler and put a bowl under the radiator and now have no leak. Do you think it's wise to get a plumber in to check it even though I couldn't see where the leak was from or should I just leave it. By the way I've checked the radiator and all the joints when it's hot and cold and there's no drips anywhere.
Many thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Is your boiler pressure still staying steady?
It is not unknown for the nuts around radiator valves to weep a little, if you feel confident enough and have a suitable sized spanner you could give them a little nip up. If not just keep your eye on it and if the problem reoccurs, spanners out or call a plumber.

Cheers for that. Boiler pressure isn't changing and I'm keeping an eye on that

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back