Leaking seals on low loss header - where can I get new seals from?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

in 2017 we did an extension and moved the hot water tank. As part of the changes the heating engineer installed a low loss header. This LLH is now leaking from all 4 connections.

I managed to get them to come out and look after numerous calls and they tightened the connections and said if that doesn’t work they will need to replace the seals. I am now unable to get them to come back and fed up of being fobbed off, I was happy to pay them so they clearly can’t be arsed.

My questions are:
1) Can I get the seals myself?
2) Where from?
3) How do I know what size?

Picture is attached.

Thanks.

Attachments

• C44D901F-A672-4972-87E7-1B221DB0A8B6.jpeg
    C44D901F-A672-4972-87E7-1B221DB0A8B6.jpeg
    231.9 KB · Views: 82
Sponsored Links
1. Its a SpiroCross, made by SpiroTech.
2. The inlets / outlets are G1, G1 1/4 or G1 1/2 which means they are threaded BSP 1", 1 1/4" or 1 1/2"
3. The seals are likely to be some form of fibre washer.
4. I'd contact SpiroTech to help:
4a. Determine which model it is
4b. Whether they can supply the seals OR
4c. What the dimensions of the seals are (outside and inside diameters, thickness) and what they are made of.
5. Have a look at https://www.spirotech.co.uk/products/spirocross/spirocross--brass-143/?variant=1128 and https://www.bes.co.uk/catalogsearch/result/index/?p=1&q=fibre+washers

Thanks for that. I have just sent an email to Spirotech asking them about the washers and where to get them.

I appreciate your help.

Sponsored Links
Update: Spirotech replied to my email saying they have posted me 4 x EPDM washers today (free of charge). Fair play Spirotech and thanks @oldbuffer for pointing me in the right direction.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back