Low Loss Header - spec

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Following on from this mammoth thread 5 years ago:

https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/vaillant-438-with-3-zones-frequent-s53.366928/

It's now getting to the stage where I'd like to update my system and do it "properly". The consensus seemed to be a LLH is the best way to go.

My questions are:

1. Is it better to try and employ a (semi) commercial installer, as the domestic installers I spoke to in the past seemed unsure on how a LLH would work?

2. How do you spec a LLH? What size does it need to be? How many outputs on the secondary side should it have (equal to the number of zones?).

3. The shunt pump to the LLH - can this be a relatively small pump? 15-60?

4. Which brand of LLH do most domestic installs go for? Or which do others who have fitted them recommend?

I want to ensure I get the install right this time and so plan on arming myself with as much information as I can, so that I can at least identify installers who have experience of LLH's and aren't trying to fit one for the first time/

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back