Leaking Shed roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
We moved into our bungalow about 2 years ago, when we bought it there was a 'Potting Shed', I've already had to repair some rotten window frames, now I notice that the roof is leaking because my tool box has some water in it. The roof is a 'Pent roof' approx. 5ft wide by 6ft deep, currently it's covered with some plastic material, I did think it might be damp course material. I think the wood on the roof is quite thin, it's a ship lap shed, so tongue and groove and the side about 6 mm thick, not sure how thick the roof is but I'm guessing the same. So, how do I repair it, the chances of getting 6mm Shiplap is slim, I could get some normal 6mm wood, maybe Exterior Ply and patch up, as it's only the back corner at the moment, Or do I go for OSB, then it's a case of, do I put the OSB on top of the existing Shiplap or Remove.

And then finally I need to replace the plastic cover, I'm thinking as the shed is old and may need to be replaced in the next 5 - 10 years that I would go for some cheap felt, any thoughts?

Thanks

Steve

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back