Leaking shower cubicle driving me maaaad . . . . .

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We recently had our shower cubicle door refitted (removed, cleaned, refitted and resealed) as we were experiencing a constant small leak in one corner.

The door was refitted with no sealant on the inside, bottom and sides as is advised, but we are now experiencing a different leak. Water is coming under the door and escaping on a lip (x 2), as per the second picture.

Any ideas how to solve this problem, gratefully received.

Please ignore ugly brown stain, this is where the old leak was and is to be decorated over.
View media item 44287 View media item 44288

Sponsored Links
did the guy silicon inside the wall plate where the door frame slides into it?

some shower doors need clear silicon running up the outside where the frame meets the wall plate too. when you shower, water builds up inside the frame and finds the smallest gap to come out of. the idea of not sealing inside the shower is to let this water out.

Thanks for your reply. I am pretty sure he siliconed between the tiles and the frame as that was half the problem before, whether he did between the frame and the door . . . . . not sure. He is coming back this evening to take a look.

i use a special silicone from www.wetroomsintl@aol.co.uk - I`m not advertising - it`s just the best silicone for plastic/metal with a fungicide :idea: because it`s neutral curing ( don`t stink of vinegar)

Sponsored Links
i'm pretty sure that , if you know the name of the shower doors, you will find the installation manual online. that will give you the exact instructions on how to seal/install them.

Thanks, I like that idea . . . . unfortunately there is no manufacturers name anywhere on the doors or frame.

i would ask that question on the website. without a make or brand it may be impossible. a bit like finding a decent plumber :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back