Leaking Shower Head

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. I need some advice as im installing a new bath and thermosatic shower which has had new pipework to it. The bath works fine, no leaks etc but the shower leaks from the head when the toilet is flushed or taps are run. Its as though there is some sort of syphoning effect going on. Its not a drip either, you could almost have a shower under the leak its that bad. Talked to my old man about it and he says I may need a non return valve putting in the pipework? Is this true? Also does the pressure of the hot and cold have to be the same as my cold supply is alot higher pressure. HEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLPPP.
Chris

Sponsored Links
Also does the pressure of the hot and cold have to be the same as my cold supply is alot higher pressure.
So, you have unbalanced supplies to the shower valve.

Who installed the shower? Why did they run unbalanced supplies to it?

I run the hot and cold supplies to the mixer. Obviousley the cold is alot higher pressure. Can I compensate for this with my isolating valves.

Sponsored Links
I run the hot and cold supplies to the mixer.
Well unless the shower valve is a venturi type, then you should have balanced the supplies.

Obviousley the cold is alot higher pressure.
Obviously it shouldn't be. The manufacturer's instructions should tell you that.

Can I compensate for this with my isolating valves.
No. You need to fit either a pressure limiting device (for a crude solution), or a pressure balancing valve.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back