Leaking shower tray help, used fibre glass kit!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

So I noticed last week my shower tray was cracked and started to leak water as my living room had water coming out from sealing.

After reading around I decide to buy the fibreglass resin kit from halfords. I did about 4 layers and the area with the crack feels solid like ice, concrete.

I thought great problem resolved but no on the third shower same amount of water started to leak as before, the fibre glass still looks rock solid so it seems it is not waterproof.

Can anyone please suggest what I can do as at present I won't be able to do major repairs. Did I chose the wrong fibre glass? Is there a coating I can do to water prof it?

Any help!!!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Should be ok used it many times on temp repairs ie baths,showers.
You sure the crack hasn't spread ? did you cover a good area around the crack ?

yeah it is covered 3-4 inches either side of the crack. I mean it still feels rock solid, this happened last night late when my misus had shower so havent had a chance to look at other things.

It might possibly be leaking from else where so will check on it again this evening when i get home.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back