Leaking shower seal

12 Aug 2013
Reaction score
United Kingdom

We've recently moved into a new house and found that there is a leak in the shower tray/cubicle. The glass shower door has a vinyl/pvc seal that seals against a metal strip (about 0.25" high) that appears to be fixed to the shower tray with adhesive. Now, for some reason, there appears to be about a 1.5" gap between the end of the metal strip and the metal door frame. As you can imagine, a fair amount of water escapes out of the gap between the pvc seal and the part of the shower tray not covered by the metal strip!

So, my initial question is does that metal strip have a particular name? My searches of t'internet have proved fruitless. Secondly, can that strip be bought/replaced separately, or is it, as a B&Q assistant suggested, only supplied with a shower door? I'm somewhat nervous of trying to prize the old metal strip off as I suspect there's a decent chance of cracking the shower tray in the process.


Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links