Stained Shower tray

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am currently in the process of resealing my shower tray.

I have stripped the glass out to ensure the seal is clean underneath and that there are no gaps etc.

I removed a plastic strip that was stuck to the tiles and the tray. The adhesive for the strip has left a light grey mark on the ceramic tray. Is there any way i can remove this staining? I was hoping not to replace the strip but simply use sealant out of a gun so that i can keep an eye on it rather than the seal be hidden by a plastic strip.

Any help is much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
You can buy sealant removal gel and this makes it easier to remove the sealant from the tray, also I use one of those little round stainless steel scouerer balls.Take all the sealant off the tiles too and cut out any old sealant inbetween the tiles and the tray. hoover out all the bits and give it a good clean with kitchen towel. You should now have a nice clean surface to apply the new sealant Use an anti fungal sealant and if the gap between the tray and tiles is more than 5mm fill this first level with the tray and let it set, then apply the next lot so it seals the tray and the tiles ( cut the nozzle of the sealant so it is wide enough to apply this in one go ) damp your finger and smooth the sealant before it sets, (but wipe your finger with kitchen towel if you get a build up on your finger) and keep smoothing down,

Lighter fuel normally dissolves most adhesives and won't harm the tray.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back