Cleaning Showers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I live in a small hotel.

Can anyone recommend an efficient safe nontoxic shower cleaner that will readily clean rather old shower trays to remove stains or ingrained marks.

I beleive the shower trays are made of a plastic material.

Any suggestions please

FLYNNE

Sponsored Links
i would have thought put a plug in the hole and put bleach in, as bleach removes most things, then rinse, we use mrmuscle something or other with oranges, it is good at cleaning the scum, spray, have cup of tea, rub gently and off it comes, rinse and dry

You will probably find that a lot of the marks are limescale. I have used a product called Stainex in the past - not sure about suitability on plastic so check the bottle. It was made my Mangers and was a viscous liquid that was painted on to sinks and taps to dissolve limescale. It may be worth trying other limecale removers or kettle descalers as they may work out cheaper and easier to use over several showers.

Agree on the bleach use. Takes out most things, great on grout too if you get the really think stuff. No need to re-grout often

Sponsored Links
Malt vinegar ( without fish & chip ) and lemon with hot water,also good for descaling shower head

White spirit is especially good for removing soap scum, and polishes off to a lovely finish. Make sure you have plenty of ventilation and no naked flames and don't smoke.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back